Tuesday, October 28, 2008

religious women's hats

Not all religious women wear wigs. In fact, I'd say it is a minority. There are a number of other ways of following this rule. Often women when they dress up wear hats. Some wear them all the time, some only when they are feeling fancy. Here are a few I've captured. Most of the fancy hats I've seen have been on Shabbat or holidays, because that is when people dress up, so I haven't been able to take pictures. So there aren't too many of these. Hopefully I'll get some more.



This woman, I am guessing, is not in the habit of covering her hair, but is doing so to show respect at the Western Wall.



Another non-fancy hat wearer. This woman was begging at the Wall. What the thought process behind this hair covering fashion is, I'm not sure.










I've observed that the older generation is often more partial to hats than the modern kids.




How elegant!




I have no idea on this one, if she's even religious, or just keeping the sun off, or what.






These knit caps seem to be getting popular, I'm seeing them around more and more.


And a few others, with no commentary:










Up next, Jewish scarves!

2 comments:

Commenter Abbi said...

"Another non-fancy hat wearer. This woman was begging at the Wall. What the thought process behind this hair covering fashion is, I'm not sure."

The thought process was probably that she usually she covers her hair with a scarf but she wanted to keep this sun out of her eyes, so she put on a cap with a bill.

leather skirt said...


Nice post love reading it

Womens Leather Coats

Womens Blazers jackets

Womens Leather Jackets

Followers