Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yafo St.

Yafo St, one of the main thoroughfares through the center of town, is currently ripped to shreds as Jerusalem gets ready for a Light Rail. It should arrive some time in the next century - I can't wait. In the meantime, my usual 15 minute bus ride to town is more like 45 minutes. And today, it was an hour and 15. To keep myself entertained, I took pictures of headgear. Here is a sampling of the headgear you will find on a few blocks of Yafo, in the city center, if you sit on a stationary bus for an hour. By pure chance, I ended up with exactly 100 pictures, though I pruned some because they were similar to the others, and because I got tired. There are some varieties we've already covered, and some that will be discussed later. I haven't commented individually because there is too much bulk. Take your time, it took me over an hour.















































































2 comments:

kaybee said...

Love this blog! But I'm afraid you will run out of styles of headgear to post about -- then what will you do!

silvergirl354 said...

I know! I worry about this also. But there will always be the bizarre sightings to post about. If you have any ideas about where to go next, I'm up for opinions.

Followers